for Pre-School during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Pre-School will:
· Remind staff to comply with social distancing guidance outside of Pre-School
· Stay alert for any pupils demonstrating symptoms of the virus and send them home
· Ensure activities are as socially spaced as possible
· Stagger arrival and collection times and put in place appropriate measures to enable pupils and adults to socially distance
· Provide cleaning equipment/PPE for teachers’ use in all classrooms
· Remove items if a child coughs or sneezes onto them put in boxes provided and clean and sanitise.
· Follow cleaning routines to keep the premises clean throughout the day
· Provide soap and sanitiser for use by pupils throughout the Pre-School
· Reinforce safe hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene at all times
· Ensure shared resources and toys are cleaned and sanitized
· Deep clean the Pre-School each week
· Provide packed lunches if requested
· Regularly review risk assessments, taking account the changing situation relating to the coronavirus and subsequent emerging government guidance
· Inform parents of any new changes in guidance for Pre-Schools and early years settings
· Ensure learning focuses on pupils’ health and well-being, PSHE, English and Maths
· Comply with government guidance on social distancing for themselves and their children outside of Pre-School in order to minimize the risk to the health and well being of other pupils and staff
· Not bring their child into Pre-School if they have any coronavirus symptoms, or are unwell in any way. Not send them to pre-school if they have had a temperature and require medication.
· Inform the Pre-School in advance if they are not bringing their child to Pre-School
· Ensure the Pre-School has up-to-date emergency contact numbers for their child
· Make contact with the Pre-School either via email or phone and not expect face-to-face meetings
· Make payments online and not use cash
· Arrive at drop off and collect their children from Pre-School at the times allocated to them.
· Leave site promptly, not stopping to chat to other parents
· Ensure their child only brings a packed lunch in a disposable bag to Pre-School if needed.
· Ensure their child comes to Pre-School in clean uniform every day
· Bring a bag that can stay at pre-school with nappies, wipes, change of clothes if required
· Practice hand hygiene rules at home
· Send in a labelled bottle to Pre-School
Please note that, if it comes to our attention that social distancing requirements are not being followed, your the child will not be able to attend Pre-School for 14 days.
Our Children will:
· Try Not to touch other people – no cuddles, hand holding with their friends, march-like soldiers.
· Not touching other people’s things.
· Only bring their packed lunch to Pre-School
· Wash their hands when they arrive at Pre-School, before and after they eat, after they have been outside, been to the toilet and whenever the adult asks them to
· Wash their hands carefully with soap for 20 seconds (2 happy birthdays)
· Cough or sneeze into the crease of their elbow
· Only play with the toys they are told they can.
· Follow the golden rules
Latest advice -